Thursday 5 March 2009

Prodded

I was literally poked, prodded and jabbed at. I had a full physical exam, blood test and transvaginal ultrasound. The latter was uncomfortable and painful, much worse than a PAP smear, but it was really cool to see my uterus on the small black and white fuzzy screen. Dr C said I have a heart-shaped uterus (???) and she pointed out my bladder, my ovaries, my bowel and other... things. I suppose this is the closest I will ever get to experiencing a baby ultrasound and to be really honest, it was an amazing feeling. I wondered how much more amazing it must be to see an offspring, heart beating, curled up in the womb... *pushes all maternal thoughts aside*

Now all I have to do is to wait for my period. Last period was on 11 February but my cycle is always in a mess - it can be one day late or it can be 2 weeks late :|

Crossing fingers, all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment