Friday 27 March 2009

aftermath

I'm definitely not feeling on top of the world, physically-wise. My insides hurt a lot (have been hurting since yesterday after the procedure) and I have this weird-looking rash on my abdomen which can mean just about anything! And because I hurt so much, I have to walk really, really slowly. That is just plain frustrating, especially for someone who walks like the Road Runner (remember that vintage cartoon "Beep, beep" with the fast bird and coyote?). It is rather disconcerting to be on the road and have the elderly, complete with white hair and walking sticks, to be over-taking me. Ugh!!

I am still on a powerful course of antibiotic and because of all the drugs in my body for the past two weeks, I now want to keep my body as drug-free as possible so I tried not to take any painkillers. But the spasms and deep ache just got worse and worse so I took half a day off and slept on the couch for the entire afternoon. I popped some neurofen after lunch (tomato and green peppers soup from Cafe O - yum) for some quick pain relief. But no - the pressure was still there. It's as if I had gone through one of those intense netball trainings I had in the past, you know, those ten sets of fifty stomach crunches with 10 seconds break between each set. And after that the stomach aches like crazy. Every single movement, every laugh, every step, every time I move my feet, it HURTS. ouch. I can hardly stand up straight.

Dr C did say it will get better. I'm hoping it will, soon, because I want to catch the rugby 7s in town.

*

On another note, there is a lady (let's call her T) from England who has approached me to donate my eggs to her. She was the second person to ask after M, and at first I said I won't be donating my eggs again but her sincerity and her tenacity in looking for a Chinese donor just blew me away. Her daughter is adopted from China and T would really like her to have a another sibling with whom she can share a heritage with. I think it's amazing that she would look so far away just to have a Chinese donor. I salute that, and told her that because she is so earnest, I will consider her request once my procedure is over.

And now that it is over, I decided that I will do it for her. The biggest problem is the logistics - should I continue to use Dr C for the treatments and then fly to London for the retrieval or should I get everything done here and get T to be implanted with the embryos? So many questions, so many possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment