Thursday 12 February 2009

Here we go!

I've got a reply! In case you're wondering, here's the post I put up on the forum:

Hi,

I am a healthy, 27 year old Asian female, non-smoker, university graduate, etc.. and I would very much like to donate my eggs. Does anyone know which clinics or hospitals I can go to?

Are fertility clinics in Hong Kong allowed to advertise for egg donors?

Thanks.
F.


==

M replied to my post, asking if I would like to donate my eggs to her because she is born without ovaries. I was immediately moved for some strange, inexplicable reason. Here I have, a stranger, a complete stranger who knows nothing about me (aside from my ethnicity and age), asking me for my eggs. How cool is that. I really liked the idea of helping another human being - and not just the superficial, give-up-a-seat-on-the-subway kind of way. This is truly helping someone else, giving a part of myself unconditionally to her.

I'm now communicating with her - she has her doubts about why I would go all the way out to help a stranger, understandably, and I on the other hand, am quite afraid of the child growing up and finding out about me and will look for me and want to start a relationship with me. Eeps. Too much TV, perhaps?

Anyway, I'm due to meet her doctor for a consultation on 18 February. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment