Thursday 22 January 2009

The first (baby) step

I put up a post on a local Hong Kong website/forum where mothers or mothers-to-be congregate, discuss, gossip, encourage others through motherhood. It is strangely beguiling, this online buzzing community of real, brave women. If this wasn't an online platform, I would have imagined a large cafe with a pretty courtyard full of flowers, tables all filled with pregnant women or women with 2-3 kids in tow, chatting about everything; some will be breast-feeding, some cleaning up the mess the screaming toddler is creating, some kissing a new-born softly on his head. And I would be the one who sticks out like a sore thumb: no kids, only a dog, finding a table where I can be left alone to read yet another book from Richard Dawkins.

That's the first step, this post. Hopefully someone will give me an idea where to start and where I can go to to lay my golden eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment