Friday 4 December 2009

15 really golden eggs

I've laid 'em. 15 eggs. They are T's now, to keep and nurture and grow.

==

I woke up at 5:45am, feeling really thirsty but no food nor liquid allowed after midnight. It was a chilly morning, frost all built up on the car's windscreen. G scrapped it all off in a jiffy and we got going. Not surprisingly, I was not the first one at the clinic. A different nurse today, Nurse Z, took us through all the papers and documents, then a warm hug goodbye to G and B - I won't see them before I fly off - and of course a good luck hug from T and off I went to the basement.

I changed into the patient gown and was also given CSI-type of socks/shoes to wear. Pretty nifty. If I didn't have the Marks & Sparks bathrobe on me I would have felt I was going to see Gil Grissom just round the corner.

I was led to the operating theatre - very different from the one in HK. It was larger and looks more like an OT. The anesthetist spoke to me about HK and I remarked to him how funny this turned out because when I was about to go under the previous time, the anesthetist was talking to me about England! Coming full circle indeed.

The mask was put over my mouth and nose, then the gas came on. Embarrassingly enough I coughed! But the next thing I knew I woke up and it was 8:45am.

T is thrilled that I got 15 eggs. Honestly I was a bit disappointed just because the previous time it was a spectacular 55 eggs. Anyway I hope all 15 are mature golden eggs.

==

I managed to get upgraded to business class for my flight home, which will take off in about half an hour. I pulled the "had a surgery this morning" card and the good lad at the check-in counter let me through. Good man.

I said bye to T and there was so much tears. She thanked me from the bottom of her heart, and I truly wish she can have a huge family. There is so much to say to her and so little time. I told her I would do this again in a heartbeat, and if this come to naught, I'd even carry the baby for her. It's a lot to ask from me but I would. She is one special woman and I am so glad she, of all people in the world, now has the chance to have babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment