Friday 20 November 2009

last visit to dr c

It was my last visit to Dr C this morning. She made me wait again, as usual. I believe she is the only woman in my life I will wait two hours for!

There were no updates from the ARGC, not to her nor me. So in other words I continue with my Suprecur nasal spray 4 times a day like a druggie having it straight up. I quite like it actually, besides the part where it trickles down the throat leaving a bitter after-taste.

So Dr C and I just chatted. She reminded me that I would have to stay in London for two weeks (!!!) as there will be a minimum of 10 days for the injections/stimulation, and 2 days later the egg retrieval will happen. I can't possibly get on a flight on the very same day, so one rest day and off to Hong Kong. Sigh. I told her I will be so bored and she said I can go shopping. I'm not much of a shopper, I'm afraid...

And Dr C told me about her time spent in Edinburgh where she put on 10 pounds even though she was running everyday (not anymore in HK though, thanks to her 3 year old son). Conversation drifted to how it will be cold for my training (I am doing a 250km desert race in 2010) and how the sun sets early, and that it affects the mood of the people in England. Suicidal rates go up during winter months - thanks for the tip, Dr C. I suppose I will have to keep my mood light and happy while in England.

I ended our visit saying that after I'm back from London I will take her out for dinner. I quite like Dr C - she makes intelligent conversation, is gentle and appreciative, and just the kind of friend that will make you smile on a gloomy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment